Friday, July 2, 2010

Good News

Good news from my visit with my doctor this morning. I do have Type II Diabetes but at the level where it can be treated and managed by diet and exercise. This is good news because the therapy will cause me to eat more healthy and get my rear in gear on the recumbent, thus losing weight and getting more energy. Man, this "doing stuff I tell others to do" is gonna be a challenge! Sure is easier just to preach and teach than percolate and demonstrate. I think God is smiling at me. Darn!!!

The bad news...no Blue Bell. Ouch! and double darn!!! Enough humor...I will get better.
Proverb 3:5-6 was quoted in my previous post. Interesting that the next two verses (verses 7-8) in the book of Proverbs state, "Don't be impressed with your own wisdom. Instead, fear the Lord and turn your back on evil. Then you will gain renewed health and vitality."

Yeah, evil comes in so many ways (and packaged so tasty). Sure can sneak up on you. For sure, God is smiling at me, maybe laughing out loud.

Let me close today's post with a quote from my good friend Nancy Stewart....

"I am thankful for this country - not because we have a lot of stuff and our lives are comfortable - but because we have freedom - to worship, to respectfully and responsibly voice our opinions, to assemble, to bear arms, to go where we want when we want - do you realize that so many do not have these rights? Thank you Lord for this country. Please have mercy on us. We need your grace to reestablish THE foundation this country was built upon - your ways, your principles."


Have a super Independence Day!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment